Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back In The Swing Of Things

And now for a couple of glass painting patters of Jane Burden Morris. It looks like an obsession, but now I feel that I have exhausted the subject. I will make these two in glass sometime this year - numbers 15, 17 and 18. I plan to make these out of clear textured glass only, no color, just some tracing black and grisaille. The thumbnails are colored mostly to show people where the glass pieces are.
Jane Burden Morris
Jane Burden Morris

The patterns can be found on this Jane Burden Morris Glass Painting Patterns page.

===================================

I haven't drawn any patterns for a whole year, and now I'm back in the game. Why did the drive dry up, why did it return? I have no idea, it just came and went, I have no choice but to roll with it.

Maybe I felt taken for granted, haha!

Here is a glimpse into future plans.

STAINED GLASS PAINTING PATTERNS
I want to continue working on glass painting patterns. Not because they are popular, but because I'm hoping that the availability of ready-made patterns will encourage glass enthusiasts to learn the technique. It opens up the door to so much creativity! This larger amount of possibilities, however, is just like a larger blank page; it's even more daunting and intimidating. It's a public service for the greater good of the craft.

VICTORIAN BOTANICALS
I enjoyed the recent series of Victorian Botanicals, and plan to do many more in the future.
  • Peony
  • Lady's Slipper
  • Helleborus
  • Anemone
  • Viola
  • Uvuvula
  • Jack In The Pulpit
  • Fern
  • Primula
  • Incarvillea
  • Iris
  • Clematis
  • Papaver
  • Meconopsis
  • Hosta
  • Stink Cabbage
  • Oak Leaves and Acorns
  • Maple Leaves and Samaras

    I'm also considering adding some glass painting to some of these that have a lot of delicate details.

  • No comments: